VIDEO: Pompeo holds press briefing on intent for North Korea summit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Tuesday’s summit between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will create the “framework” for future negotiations over Pyongyang’s nuclear program.
During a briefing with reporters on Monday ahead of the historic gathering, Pompeo said the “only outcome the United States will accept” is the “complete and verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“President Trump believes that Kim Jong Un has an unprecedented opportunity to change the trajectory of our relationship and bring peace and prosperity to his country,” Pompeo said.
“We are hopeful this summit will have set the conditions for future productive talks.”
Pompeo, who earlier this year traveled to North Korea to meet with Kim, said the United States would keep its sanctions in place until North Korea dismantles its nuclear program.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: ESPN makes announcement about national anthem for NFL games
- VIDEO: Chilling family videos emerge of murdered woman killed by husband
- VIDEO: Toddler recorded in family video praising the father accused of killing her
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Parkland shooter: Seven key facts hidden in the school district’s report
- BREAKING: Trump calls Justice official a ‘disgrace,’ vows to revoke clearance (Video)