VIDEO: Pompeo holds press briefing on intent for North Korea summit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Tuesday’s summit between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will create the “framework” for future negotiations over Pyongyang’s nuclear program.
During a briefing with reporters on Monday ahead of the historic gathering, Pompeo said the “only outcome the United States will accept” is the “complete and verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“President Trump believes that Kim Jong Un has an unprecedented opportunity to change the trajectory of our relationship and bring peace and prosperity to his country,” Pompeo said.
“We are hopeful this summit will have set the conditions for future productive talks.”
Pompeo, who earlier this year traveled to North Korea to meet with Kim, said the United States would keep its sanctions in place until North Korea dismantles its nuclear program.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rush to judgment? New details emerge on Native American elder’s standoff with MAGA-hat-wearing teens
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- REPORT: Plane makes emergency landing over poison concerns after passengers start ‘turning green,’ ‘suffocating’
- VIDEO: Liz Cheney: Pelosi ‘Commandeered’ The House On DACA Issue She’s Now Voting Against
- REPORT: Boy’s mother defends son after video of encounter with Native American man
- UPDATE: Thousands sign Catholic high school petition after students harass Native American man
- TRUMP TWEETS Pelosi and economy, DML responds
- REPORT: Jimmy Carter tells Dem Senator: ‘I hope you run for president’
- REPORT: Cardi B and Tomi Lahren get into Twitter fight over government shutdown, Ocasio-Cortez wades in
- REPORT: Longtime Dem to young congress members: ‘stop acting like young people’, Ocasio-Cortez responds