VIDEO: Pompeo holds press briefing on intent for North Korea summit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Tuesday’s summit between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will create the “framework” for future negotiations over Pyongyang’s nuclear program.
During a briefing with reporters on Monday ahead of the historic gathering, Pompeo said the “only outcome the United States will accept” is the “complete and verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“President Trump believes that Kim Jong Un has an unprecedented opportunity to change the trajectory of our relationship and bring peace and prosperity to his country,” Pompeo said.
“We are hopeful this summit will have set the conditions for future productive talks.”
Pompeo, who earlier this year traveled to North Korea to meet with Kim, said the United States would keep its sanctions in place until North Korea dismantles its nuclear program.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- Hillary raises over $150k in just a few hours for illegals, DML responds
- POLL: Should kids be separated from illegal alien parents at border?
- BREAKING: Peter Strzok escorted out of FBI building amid investigation
- DML TV: Hillary says Trump spreading downright lies about border, DML responds
- UPDATE: Ex-CIA engineer charged in connection to huge breach known as Vault 7
- REPORT: Florida mom arrested after leaving 3-year-old in car for 12 hours
- REPORT: Trump plan to claw back billions in spending facing uncertain future
- REPORT: Kansas Judge Rules on Law Requiring Voters to Show Proof of Citizenship
- REPORT: ICE demands apology from New Yorker over tattoo claim
- BREAKING: L.A. sheriff’s detectives seize over 500 firearms from felon’s home (photos)