VIDEO: President Trump blasts Dems in Fox News virtual town hall on coronavirus crisis
Fox News hosted a virtual “town hall” on Tuesday with President Trump, vice-president Mike Pence and members of the White House coronavirus task force in the White House Rose Garden.
The interview session was moderated by Fox anchors Bill Hemmer and Harris Faulkner.
During the questioning, President Trump vowed there is no way he’s signing the stimulus bill proposed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, which includes a list of non-coronavirus-related items.
Fox News noted afterward that the bill “also contains provisions to eliminate debt held by the U.S. Postal Service, require same-day voter registration, pay off $10,000 in student debt per person, and force federal agencies to explain to Congress how they are increasing their usage of “minority banks.””
“Nancy Pelosi came and put a lot of things in the deal that had nothing to do with workers — that had to do with an agenda that they have been trying to get passed for 10 years,” Trump said, adding, “I came in, I told Mike [Pence], I told a lot of people, ‘There is no way I am signing that deal.”
Trump also blasted New York Mayor Andrew Cuomo and brought out a report revealing that Cuomo passed on an opportunity to purchase 16,000 respirators in 2015.
The president stated that America needs to get back to work and said he would like to end the “lockdown” by Easter. He expressed concern about the devastating effects of a long-term lockdown.
The following video is the second hour of the virtual town hall in the Rose Garden, which includes the interview with President Trump:
Prior to the president joining the Fox News team in the Rose Garden, Vice President Mike Pence spoke with Hemmer and Harris and responded to questions from viewers. Below is a clip from that segment:
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Rosenstein makes admission about McCabe’s handling of Comey memos
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- REPORT: Fake News? Police Issue Statement At Odds With Reports About Actions Against Protesters in D.C.
- REPORT: Public Health Experts Sign SHOCKING Letter About Protests Amid Pandemic and What ‘Contributes To COVID-19’