VIDEO: Presidential hopeful: The word ‘socialism’ has lost its meaning
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg (D) on Sunday dismissed President Trump’s efforts to portray Democratic policy pitches as “socialism,” arguing that the term no longer carries negative connotations.
“I think he’s clinging to a rhetorical strategy that was very powerful when he was coming of age 50 years ago, but it’s just a little bit different right now,” Buttigieg, the South Bend, Ind., mayor who has launched an exploratory committee to run for president, said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“Today, I think a word like that is the beginning of a debate, not the end of the debate,” he added.
“If you grew up during that Cold War period, then you saw a time in politics when the word socialism could be used to end an argument. …You can no longer simply kill off a line of discussion about a policy by saying that it’s socialist,” Mayor Pete Buttigieg says #CNNSOTU pic.twitter.com/lOwZoxRBTd
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) February 10, 2019
South Bend, Indiana’s mayor is running for president in 2020. He decided to go after Trump and defend Socialism.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Ivanka ripped by liberal TV host for protecting her father (video)
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano Makes Shocking Statements While Confessing Back-to-Back Abortions
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- BREAKING: Former WH spokesman Sean Spicer makes HUGE announcement on Good Morning America [VIDEO]
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism