VIDEO: Presidential hopeful: The word ‘socialism’ has lost its meaning
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg (D) on Sunday dismissed President Trump’s efforts to portray Democratic policy pitches as “socialism,” arguing that the term no longer carries negative connotations.
“I think he’s clinging to a rhetorical strategy that was very powerful when he was coming of age 50 years ago, but it’s just a little bit different right now,” Buttigieg, the South Bend, Ind., mayor who has launched an exploratory committee to run for president, said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“Today, I think a word like that is the beginning of a debate, not the end of the debate,” he added.
“If you grew up during that Cold War period, then you saw a time in politics when the word socialism could be used to end an argument. …You can no longer simply kill off a line of discussion about a policy by saying that it’s socialist,” Mayor Pete Buttigieg says #CNNSOTU pic.twitter.com/lOwZoxRBTd
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) February 10, 2019
South Bend, Indiana’s mayor is running for president in 2020. He decided to go after Trump and defend Socialism.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: North Carolina father of 6 has neck broken by ‘intense’ wave, killing him in ‘freak accident’
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
- REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
- TEAM DML subscription service. Buy Now.
- REPORT: Trump says he has signed proclamation curbing asylum
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy