VIDEO: Putin wears hazmat suit during hospital visit; Moscow mayor issues warning
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Russian President Vladimir Putin wore a bright yellow full-body hazmat suit and respirator during a hospital visit in Moscow and the mayor — a close ally of the administration — told him the country’s cases are likely grossly undercounted.
“A serious situation is unfolding,” Mayor Sergei Sobyanin told Putin at a meeting, according to Reuters.
The article goes on to state the following:
So far Russia has less than 700 confirmed cases of COVID-19 — one of the lowest tallies worldwide — and thousands less than countries of its size.
Sobyanin reportedly advised Putin there are “significantly” more people sick with the virus than realized.
The article notes that Russians who had visited other countries such as China had already self-quarantined, but Russia made the move on Tuesday to close theaters, nightclubs and children’s entertainment centers.
Russian lawmakers are also considering legislation that would strongly “encourage” people to self-quarantine – penalties of “up to seven years in jail per every two people killed as a result of exposure, or up to three years for causing mass infection.”
Putin dons hazmat suit as Moscow says coronavirus outbreak is worse than it looks https://t.co/VqxfH0MiZC
— tom balmforth (@BalmforthTom) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- UPDATE: Newborn baby, world’s youngest coronavirus victim, status update
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- REPORT: Top US bank warns recession is already here: ‘Jobs will be lost, wealth will be destroyed’