VIDEO: Rapinoe: Women’s soccer team said THIS about visiting the White House
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
U.S. soccer star Megan Rapinoe said that everyone she spoke with on the U.S. women’s national soccer team does not want to visit President Trump at the White House.
“Every teammate I’ve talked to specifically about it would not go,” Rapinoe said Tuesday to CNN’s Anderson Cooper regarding a potential Trump invitation. “I don’t think anyone on the team has any interest in lending the platform that we’ve worked hard to build and the things that we fight for and the way that we live our life. I don’t think we want that to be co-opted or corrupted by this administration.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Rapinoe previously said that she is ” not going to f—— White House.” Instead, she accepted invitations to visit Congress from both Sen. Chuck Schumer and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
Former soccer star Brandi Chastain said she’s been to the White House multiple times, adding that “going to the White House is very special. It’s very historic for our country — it means a lot.”
She also said the new team needed to make its own decision about a visit, but that going was not so much a statement about the president as a statement about how they feel regarding their country.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?