Video released of gang member shot in courtroom (video)
After four years, official footage has been released of Siale Angilau, a 25-year-old member of the Tongan Crip gang, being shot in a court room.
Angilau was shot by a U.S. marshal after he attempted to charge at a witness with a pen.
Fox News reports the following:
“Authorities in Salt Lake City on Monday released federal courtroom footage from 2014 that shows a U.S. marshal firing four fatal shots as a defendant armed with a pen charged a shackeled witness.
The video shows defendant Siale Angilau, a 25-year-old member of the Tongan Crip gang, rising casually from his seat beside his attorney during testimony. He grabs his lawyer’s pen.
Before any officers could react, Angilau sprints toward the witness and leaps onto the stand, wielding the pen with his right arm cocked.
The witness jumps back as Angilau falls feet-first over the front of the witness stand. The courtroom appeared in disarray during the 24-second video and a U.S. marshal, identified as “Jane Doe,” fired four shots at Angilau.
A woman cries out in horror while other law enforcement officers in suits run toward the witness stand. Angilau’s defense attorney jumps under a desk; prosecutors stand in shock.”
For more on this story, click the "read more" button below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone
- REPORT: Facebook’s lack of leadership could sink the company
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)