VIDEO: Residents ‘trapped on roofs and in vehicles’ as Hurricane Florence nears coast
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
First responders in North Carolina are scrambling to rescue residents stranded due to raging flood waters caused by Hurricane Florence.
Officials in New Bern, a coastal town in Craven County, North Carolina, said at least 150 people were “awaiting rescue” early Friday morning as the dangerous hurricane moved ashore, packing 90-mph winds.
The article goes on to state the following:
“More are on the way to help us,” New Bern officials tweeted early Friday. “You may need to move up to the second story, or to your attic, but WE ARE COMING TO GET YOU.”
Currently ~150 awaiting rescue in New Bern. We have 2 out-of-state FEMA teams here for swift water rescue. More are on the way to help us. WE ARE COMING TO GET YOU. You may need to move up to the second story, or to your attic, but WE ARE COMING TO GET YOU. #FlorenceNC
— City of New Bern (@CityofNewBern) September 14, 2018
Craven County spokeswoman Amber Parker said the situation was dire in New Bern, which is southeast of Greenville, with some residents trapped on their roofs.
“I would say certain areas of New Bern are very desperate,” Parker told ABC News on Friday. “There are people that can be trapped in water, in vehicles, on roofs. That’s just the situation for anyone.”
Emergency workers said they’d gotten more than 100 calls from residents in need of assistance, but there was no way to reach everyone immediately.
“They just have to wait until the weather conditions permit them to make it here safely,” Parker said. “I don’t have the follow-up information on all of the calls. There are some that I know we have made it to and others where they’ve been rescued by other agencies or individuals — private citizens who have rescued some people.”
To weigh in on this information provided by ABCNews.GO.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Ronald Reagan’s daughter makes statement on Trump’s presidency
- REPORT: Former GOP governor expected to primary Trump in 2020 calls him a “national embarrassment”
- VIDEO: CNN’s Jim Acosta complains about Rose Garden press conference where he didn’t get a question
- REPORT: Top Dem’s massive probe of President Trump hits a snag
- REPORT: Conway punches back after Trump calls him ‘husband from hell’
- REPORT: Republican shames Ilhan Omar in blistering op-ed
- VIDEO: DML WARNS: Fox News will screw President Trump
- TRUMP TWEET: Launches vicious new attack against Kellyanne Conway’s husband
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- Trump administration proposes cuts to e-verify 2020