VIDEO: ‘Saturday Night Live’ tackles Virginia blackface scandal: ‘It was never funny or cool’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
“Saturday Night Live” took aim at the deepening scandal in Virginia, where two of the state’s top three elected officials admitted they wore blackface in college.
Kenan Thompson, one of the sketch comedy show’s four black cast members, portrayed the chairman of the state ethics committee in a room full of white cast members playing state officials.
The article goes on to state the following:
“As chair of the ethics committee I have to ask, has anybody else worn blackface in college?” an exasperated Thompson asks.
The state officials then went through various examples of wearing blackface, expressing uncertainty over whether each scenario would be inappropriate.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Are you concerned about Trump’s mental stability?
- REPORT: Doctors say new rule will mean sicker immigrants, DML responds
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- REPORT: State To Implement LGBTQ Content In Public Schools’ Curricula
- BREAKING: ICE releases over 1,000 migrants onto streets in Texas and New Mexico this week
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump tells reporters what he thinks about purchasing Greenland