VIDEO: ‘Saturday Night Live’ tackles Virginia blackface scandal: ‘It was never funny or cool’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
“Saturday Night Live” took aim at the deepening scandal in Virginia, where two of the state’s top three elected officials admitted they wore blackface in college.
Kenan Thompson, one of the sketch comedy show’s four black cast members, portrayed the chairman of the state ethics committee in a room full of white cast members playing state officials.
The article goes on to state the following:
“As chair of the ethics committee I have to ask, has anybody else worn blackface in college?” an exasperated Thompson asks.
The state officials then went through various examples of wearing blackface, expressing uncertainty over whether each scenario would be inappropriate.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet