VIDEO: ‘Saturday Night Live’ tackles Virginia blackface scandal: ‘It was never funny or cool’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
“Saturday Night Live” took aim at the deepening scandal in Virginia, where two of the state’s top three elected officials admitted they wore blackface in college.
Kenan Thompson, one of the sketch comedy show’s four black cast members, portrayed the chairman of the state ethics committee in a room full of white cast members playing state officials.
The article goes on to state the following:
“As chair of the ethics committee I have to ask, has anybody else worn blackface in college?” an exasperated Thompson asks.
The state officials then went through various examples of wearing blackface, expressing uncertainty over whether each scenario would be inappropriate.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: North Carolina father of 6 has neck broken by ‘intense’ wave, killing him in ‘freak accident’
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
- REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
- TEAM DML subscription service. Buy Now.
- REPORT: Trump says he has signed proclamation curbing asylum
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy