VIDEO: Scarborough claims GOP becoming a ‘rural party’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Results from the Ohio special election on Tuesday support the idea that the GOP is becoming a rural party that could face problems in winning over suburban voters his fall, “Morning Joe” host Joe Scarborough opined on Wednesday.
“This is a party, the Republican Party, that’s becoming more and more every day a rural party,” the former GOP congressman, a frequent critic of President Trump, said on his morning MSNBC show.
The article goes on to state the following:
GOP candidate Troy Balderson holds a narrow lead in the special election race for a House seat, but the result is close enough to trigger a recount under state law. Even if Balderson wins, the results are discouraging for Republicans given the district’s GOP tilt. It had been held by the GOP since 1983, and Trump won the district by 11 points.
“We don’t know who’s going to end up winning it. [But] regardless of who ends up winning it, Republicans certainly know as well as Democrats [that] this is another race where Republicans have under performed,” Scarborough said.
“They under performed in a district that is deep, deep red,” the MSNBC host continued. “I think Democrats have maybe won it once since the 1930s. But you see the same thing happening: they’re bleeding. Republicans are bleeding, badly, right now, in suburbs.”
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Shooting outside football stadium; multiple people reportedly shot
- REPORT: “It was one of the most horrific accidents I have ever seen”: Suspected DUI head-on collision kills 6 in Utah
- REPORT: Democrats hold 9-point lead over Republicans in battle for House: poll
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- REPORT: Trump’s approval rating jumps higher than Obama’s ahead of midterms
- BREAKING: Guatelmala president reported nearly 100 ISIS terrorists caught
- Trump Tweets: Caravan and Dems. DML responds.
- REPORT: Ted Cruz asked if Trump is a friend or foe; his answer is complicated
- The latest photos from Mexico caravan as number hits 10k
- REPORT: Special counsel examines conflicting accounts as scrutiny of Roger Stone and WikiLeaks deepens