VIDEO: Scarborough claims GOP becoming a ‘rural party’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Results from the Ohio special election on Tuesday support the idea that the GOP is becoming a rural party that could face problems in winning over suburban voters his fall, “Morning Joe” host Joe Scarborough opined on Wednesday.
“This is a party, the Republican Party, that’s becoming more and more every day a rural party,” the former GOP congressman, a frequent critic of President Trump, said on his morning MSNBC show.
The article goes on to state the following:
GOP candidate Troy Balderson holds a narrow lead in the special election race for a House seat, but the result is close enough to trigger a recount under state law. Even if Balderson wins, the results are discouraging for Republicans given the district’s GOP tilt. It had been held by the GOP since 1983, and Trump won the district by 11 points.
“We don’t know who’s going to end up winning it. [But] regardless of who ends up winning it, Republicans certainly know as well as Democrats [that] this is another race where Republicans have under performed,” Scarborough said.
“They under performed in a district that is deep, deep red,” the MSNBC host continued. “I think Democrats have maybe won it once since the 1930s. But you see the same thing happening: they’re bleeding. Republicans are bleeding, badly, right now, in suburbs.”
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- TRUMP TWEET: Presidential Harassment
- BREAKING: Barr reveals timeline to release redacted Mueller report
- Submit News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”