VIDEO: Screws on an interstate cause flat tires for miles
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) — A container of screws that fell off a vehicle and littered the roadway in Jackson County, Mississippi, caused flat tires along nearly 30 miles of interstate.
Mississippi Highway Patrol responded Tuesday after getting numerous calls about stranded motorists near the Pascagoula River Bridge. When officers arrived, they discovered sheet metal screws scattered across Interstate 10 West. In total, 36 passenger cars and three semis each had multiple flat tires.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Wrecker response time was upwards to three hours for [motorists] waiting on tow trucks due to the number of calls for service,” the Mississippi Highway Patrol said in a statement.
The Jackson County Sheriff Department posted the following message on Facebook:
We have numerous reports of nails and screws scattered on the I-10 long bridge, westbound, over the Pascagoula River. We advise drivers, if possible, to take alternate routes because of multiple vehicles with tire damage. Mississippi Department of Transportation and Highway Patrol are on scene.
A container of screws fell off a vehicle and littered the roadway in Jackson County, Mississippi, causing flat tires along nearly 30 miles of interstate https://t.co/LO5W3AnZvS
— CNN (@CNN) July 10, 2019
— Emily Wagster Pettus (@EWagsterPettus) July 10, 2019
A traffic alert out of Jackson County, Mississippi where dozens of cars could be seen pulled over the side of westbound I-10 after reports of nails and screws scattered over the interstate. https://t.co/jda9Bn9fOv
— Ann Yaggie (@AnnYaggie) July 9, 2019
— KMOV (@KMOV) July 10, 2019
A container of screws that fell off a vehicle and littered the roadway in Jackson County, Mississippi, caused flat tires along nearly 30 miles of interstate. https://t.co/gCGcJcyDh1
— Amanda Jackson (@AmandaJ_TX) July 9, 2019
— WXXV 25 (@WXXV25) July 9, 2019
A traffic alert out of Jackson County, Mississippi where dozens of cars could be seen pulled over the side of westbound I-10 after reports of nails and screws scattered over the interstate. https://t.co/ZxPwnZRjHt
— WKRG (@WKRG) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott