VIDEO: Screws on an interstate cause flat tires for miles
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) — A container of screws that fell off a vehicle and littered the roadway in Jackson County, Mississippi, caused flat tires along nearly 30 miles of interstate.
Mississippi Highway Patrol responded Tuesday after getting numerous calls about stranded motorists near the Pascagoula River Bridge. When officers arrived, they discovered sheet metal screws scattered across Interstate 10 West. In total, 36 passenger cars and three semis each had multiple flat tires.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Wrecker response time was upwards to three hours for [motorists] waiting on tow trucks due to the number of calls for service,” the Mississippi Highway Patrol said in a statement.
The Jackson County Sheriff Department posted the following message on Facebook:
We have numerous reports of nails and screws scattered on the I-10 long bridge, westbound, over the Pascagoula River. We advise drivers, if possible, to take alternate routes because of multiple vehicles with tire damage. Mississippi Department of Transportation and Highway Patrol are on scene.
A container of screws fell off a vehicle and littered the roadway in Jackson County, Mississippi, causing flat tires along nearly 30 miles of interstate https://t.co/LO5W3AnZvS
— CNN (@CNN) July 10, 2019
— Emily Wagster Pettus (@EWagsterPettus) July 10, 2019
A traffic alert out of Jackson County, Mississippi where dozens of cars could be seen pulled over the side of westbound I-10 after reports of nails and screws scattered over the interstate. https://t.co/jda9Bn9fOv
— Ann Yaggie (@AnnYaggie) July 9, 2019
— KMOV (@KMOV) July 10, 2019
A container of screws that fell off a vehicle and littered the roadway in Jackson County, Mississippi, caused flat tires along nearly 30 miles of interstate. https://t.co/gCGcJcyDh1
— Amanda Jackson (@AmandaJ_TX) July 9, 2019
— WXXV 25 (@WXXV25) July 9, 2019
A traffic alert out of Jackson County, Mississippi where dozens of cars could be seen pulled over the side of westbound I-10 after reports of nails and screws scattered over the interstate. https://t.co/ZxPwnZRjHt
— WKRG (@WKRG) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments
- REPORT: Priest’s son charged in murder of American biologist in Greece as grisly new details emerge