VIDEO: Sen. Klobuchar shares update on husband, after he was hospitalized for coronavirus
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
The day after revealing her husband had tested positive for coronavirus and was hospitalized, Sen. Amy Klobuchar provided an update, saying he’s still on oxygen. Her husband, John Bessler, has suffered from a bleeding cough and “dangerously low” oxygen levels, the Minnesota senator told Good Morning America host Robin Roberts on Tuesday. Klobuchar said one of the hardest things about the disease is “you can’t go and visit your loved one.”
“All you can do is call, email and text and try to reach the caretakers who are taking care of him … to get updates,” Klobuchar said.
Bessler started to feel sick almost two weeks ago and immediately self-quarantined in his apartment, as coronavirus concerns began to grow, Klobuchar said. But given that Bessler, 52, was healthy and had no pre-existing health conditions, she said she wasn’t sure how he contracted the virus. While he took the test last Wednesday, Klobuchar said he received the results on Monday.
*Coronavirus cases worldwide: 436,024
*Total confirmed deaths: 19,630
*Recovered patients: 111,878
My husband has coronavirus. I love him & not being able to be by his side is one of the hardest things about this disease. So many are going through this & much worse. I pray for him & you & meanwhile I will do all I can to get help to the American people.https://t.co/fqQU6tA29r pic.twitter.com/SjyfdQxe1R
— Amy Klobuchar (@amyklobuchar) March 23, 2020
Today I spoke with the leaders of MN hospitals.
Medical workers are doing an incredible job even while putting themselves at risk. That’s why I’m pushing for legislation to expand access to testing and to get supplies to health care providers.
— Amy Klobuchar (@amyklobuchar) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene