VIDEO: Senator Suggests a Dem President Can Seize Guns With a National Emergency
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Rep. Jerry Nadler (D., N.Y.) on Friday suggested a future Democratic president could confiscate citizens’ guns based on the precedent of President Donald Trump’s national emergency announcement regarding the border wall.
Nadler, the new chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, appeared on CNN’s “Cuomo Prime Time” to discuss Trump’s announcement earlier in the morning. Trump declared it “necessary” to build the wall on the southern border.
The article goes on to state the following:
Host Chris Cuomo asked Nadler if enough Republicans would come out against Trump, prompting him to say, “I think so” and that he believes Republicans are terrified of unintended consequences. He speculated about other hypothetical national emergencies if a Democrat were to win in 2020.
“If the president can declare an emergency today on this nonsense, on this, the Democratic president can decide that, as you mentioned, the 40,000 people a year killed in this country is a crisis. And why don’t we take everybody’s guns away? Or force everybody to register their guns, or ban all assault rifles, or do all of that without congressional approval?” Nadler said. “This opens up tyranny or dictatorship.”
Nadler (D) Suggests a Dem President Can Seize Guns After Trump’s National Emergency Precedent https://t.co/wg9O02Ybtn
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) February 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- DML Monday night, quick Walk & Talk May 20
- POLL: Should Don Lemon be fired for his racist statement against white men?
- REPORT: American ex-Taliban militant set to walk free
- REPORT: Twitter user who asked Warren for help with her love life says they spoke on the phone
- REPORT: Buttigieg appears on cover of gay magazine [PHOTO]
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
- REPORT: California fire deadliest in state history as death toll rises, first victims identified
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- VIDEO: Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms