VIDEO: Serena Williams gives first interview since US open defeat
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Serena Williams remains adamant she did not receive coaching during the US open, despite her coach admitting otherwise, in her first sit down interview after the controversy.
The 36-year-old tennis legend maintained her belief that men and women should be treated equally in her first interview since the defeat.
The article goes on to state the following:
Williams was critical of umpire Carlos Ramos after he penalized [her], claiming she communicated with coach Patrick Mouratoglou in the US Open final loss to Naomi Osaka.
Mouratoglou controversially admitted to coaching Williams from the sideline, saying that it was not an uncommon occurrence in the game.
But Williams argued otherwise in a sit-down interview with Lisa Wilkinson for The Sunday Project, an Australian news show.
‘He said he made a motion, I don’t understand what he was talking about,’ Williams told Wilkinson. We’ve never had signals.’
Williams also affirmed her argument that sportswomen should be treated the same as their male counterparts.
‘I just don’t understand. If you’re a female you should be able to do, even half, of what a guy can do,’ she said.
See a teaser for the interview below.
To weigh in on this information provided by DailyMail, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments