VIDEO: Serena Williams gives first interview since US open defeat
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Serena Williams remains adamant she did not receive coaching during the US open, despite her coach admitting otherwise, in her first sit down interview after the controversy.
The 36-year-old tennis legend maintained her belief that men and women should be treated equally in her first interview since the defeat.
The article goes on to state the following:
Williams was critical of umpire Carlos Ramos after he penalized [her], claiming she communicated with coach Patrick Mouratoglou in the US Open final loss to Naomi Osaka.
Mouratoglou controversially admitted to coaching Williams from the sideline, saying that it was not an uncommon occurrence in the game.
But Williams argued otherwise in a sit-down interview with Lisa Wilkinson for The Sunday Project, an Australian news show.
‘He said he made a motion, I don’t understand what he was talking about,’ Williams told Wilkinson. We’ve never had signals.’
Williams also affirmed her argument that sportswomen should be treated the same as their male counterparts.
‘I just don’t understand. If you’re a female you should be able to do, even half, of what a guy can do,’ she said.
See a teaser for the interview below.
To weigh in on this information provided by DailyMail, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Christine Blasey Ford, accuser of Brett Kavanaugh, will testify in open hearing
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- REPORT: Poll shows how many people want FBI to investigate Kavanaugh allegation
- VIDEO: Democrat reveals what she’ll grill Brett Kavanaugh about at hearing
- BREAKING: New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct From Kavanaugh’s College Years
- REPORT: Former Trump aide steps down from CNN role amid claims he drugged woman he got pregnant