VIDEO: Sheriff blasts county over border security decision
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The sheriff of Pima County, Arizona said Wednesday on “Fox & Friends” that the rejection by county officials of a $1.4 million federal grant to strengthen border security is puzzling.
The board reportedly voted to reject funding from Operation Stonegarden, a program that would bolster cooperation on border security between the federal and local government.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sheriff Mark Napier said that the same board of supervisors accepted the same grant the previous 12 years, and that the vote against it is jeopardizing public safety.
“I still fully intend to cooperate with our federal partners, we have a great relationship,” Napier said, adding that it’s “fundamental” he cooperates with federal authorities.
Napier said on Wednesday that if his county board would have accepted the funds, he would have used the majority to deploy extra personnel to under-served areas.
“To turn your nose up at this funding is just really unthinkable,” he said.
Napier added that the vote to reject the grant was 3-1, with all three Democrats on the board voting against it.
He said that one of the three Democrats said that what has changed, in regard to his vote, “is Washington, D.C.”
“If we’ve accepted this grant money for the last 12 years, and nothing has fundamentally changed about the grant, what has changed?” he asked.
“The only answer is the current presidential administration.”
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments