VIDEO: Sheriff blasts county over border security decision
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The sheriff of Pima County, Arizona said Wednesday on “Fox & Friends” that the rejection by county officials of a $1.4 million federal grant to strengthen border security is puzzling.
The board reportedly voted to reject funding from Operation Stonegarden, a program that would bolster cooperation on border security between the federal and local government.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sheriff Mark Napier said that the same board of supervisors accepted the same grant the previous 12 years, and that the vote against it is jeopardizing public safety.
“I still fully intend to cooperate with our federal partners, we have a great relationship,” Napier said, adding that it’s “fundamental” he cooperates with federal authorities.
Napier said on Wednesday that if his county board would have accepted the funds, he would have used the majority to deploy extra personnel to under-served areas.
“To turn your nose up at this funding is just really unthinkable,” he said.
Napier added that the vote to reject the grant was 3-1, with all three Democrats on the board voting against it.
He said that one of the three Democrats said that what has changed, in regard to his vote, “is Washington, D.C.”
“If we’ve accepted this grant money for the last 12 years, and nothing has fundamentally changed about the grant, what has changed?” he asked.
“The only answer is the current presidential administration.”
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should Kavanagh be confirmed to the Supreme Court?
- REPORT: Hundreds of teen gangsters go on terrorizing rampage, police close amusement park
- BREAKING: Was Avenatti ‘duped’ by bombshell Kavanaugh claims?
- BREAKING: Senate panel schedules vote for Kavanaugh
- REPORT: 23-year old pageant winner dramatically STRIPPED of her crown for ‘lie’ (video/pictures)
- REPORT: Kavanaugh accuser’s lawyer sends letter with new complaint about hearing
- REPORT: Kavanaugh classmates rescind names from statement rejecting second accuser’s allegation
- VIDEO: Stunning “flashback video” emerges of Joe Biden on sexual misconduct investigations
- VIDEO: UN audience laughs when Trump remarks on achievements
- BREAKING: Senators told to expect to be in town this weekend: See why