VIDEO: Status of Paul Manafort’s plea deal with special counsel Mueller revealed
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has tentatively agreed to a plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller that will head off his upcoming trial, sources familiar with the negotiations tell ABC News.
The deal is expected to be announced in court Friday, but it remains unclear whether Manafort has agreed to cooperate with prosecutors or is simply conceding to a guilty plea, which would allow him to avoid the stress and expense of trial, according to three sources with knowledge of the discussions.
STRIKING PLEA DEAL? Sources tell @ABC that Paul Manafort, Pres. Trump’s former campaign chairman, has tentatively agreed to a plea deal in order to avoid a second trial. @DavidMuir reports. #TheIndex https://t.co/0cUWCc1QdE pic.twitter.com/39MiFFEMpi
— World News Tonight (@ABCWorldNews) September 14, 2018
The article goes on to state the following:
Manafort and his most senior defense attorneys spent more than four hours Thursday in discussions with a team of special prosecutors who are involved in the ongoing investigation into whether there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
Word of the agreement comes as Manafort’s second trial was slated to begin later this month in federal court in Washington, D.C.
Just under a year ago, the 69-year-old veteran GOP operative was charged in Washington, D.C., with several counts of fraud and failing to register as a foreign agent by the special counsel. A second case was opened in Virginia earlier this year on related charges that ended with a jury finding Manafort guilty on eight counts out of an 18-count indictment, facing a maximum of 80 years behind the bars, though under sentencing guidelines the term is likely to be closer to seven years. He has not been sentenced in that case.
Manafort has been held in jail for the last several months after prosecutors accused him of witness tampering.
Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell says that if it’s true that former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort is close to reaching a guilty plea deal with special counsel Mueller, then “the jig is up.” https://t.co/VbI8OK4Ddx pic.twitter.com/7QOgkjchwb
— CNN Tonight (@CNNTonight) September 14, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by ABCNews.GO.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott
- BREAKING: Broward officials uploaded results two minutes late, after Scott gained votes, upending entire recount
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- VIDEO: Border Patrol catches smuggler cutting barbed wire hours after it was placed at border
- REPORT: Michelle Obama wears hair natural on new magazine cover (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez slams reporter who commented on her outfit (PHOTO)
- Bette Midler posts semi-nude picture of Melania, calls her FloTITS (see photo)
- BREAKING: Florida prepares to count again by HAND after one candidate gained 865 votes in machine recount
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez complains people keep mistaking her for intern, Twitter users pounce
- REPORT: Researchers Admit MATH ERROR on ‘Alarming’ Study Claiming Global Warming Heating Up Oceans