VIDEO: Strzok hearing descends into wild chaos after Trey Gowdy asks first question
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A congressional hearing featuring FBI agent Peter Strzok descended into chaos Thursday moments after House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., asked the first question of the day.
Gowdy asked Strzok, who sent text messages to former FBI lawyer Lisa Page disparaging then-candidate Donald Trump, how many interviews he conducted between July 31, 2016, and Aug. 8, 2016, relating to the investigation into Russia interference in the 2016 election and alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Moscow.
Strzok said he was unable to answer, based on instruction from FBI lawyers, because the Russia investigation was ongoing. Gowdy fired back that he wasn’t asking for names, he only wanted to know how many people. Strzok maintained that he wouldn’t be able to answer.
The Washington Examiner also reported:
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., said he will move to hold FBI agent Peter Strzok in contempt after his refusal to answer just the first question asked during a joint House Judiciary and Oversight Committees.
The threat on Thursday came after House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-.S.C., asked Strzok to answer how many people the FBI interviewed in the first week of the bureau’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
Watch the resulting wild interaction that followed:
WATCH: Congress descends into chaos after Trey Gowdy asks first question pic.twitter.com/J6gczglrEz
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: City Named The ‘Rat Capital’ Of The U.S.
- BREAKING: Avenatti makes shocking offer regarding Michael Cohen (video)
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?
- BREAKING: Justice Dept releases surveillance applications for former Trump aide
- BREAKING: Gunman takes hostages inside a Trader Joe’s (video)
- Trump Tweet: Statement on hostage situation at Trader Joe’s store
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- CLAIM: Conservative columnist: ‘I would take Obama back in a nanosecond’
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine Pirro’s guest appearance on ‘The View’ ends in explosive scene with Whoopi
- REPORT: Benghazi Survivor Drops HOT FIRE After Hillary Attacks Trump For Not ‘Defending’ US Ambassadors