VIDEO: Study finds many medical marijuana drive while high in MI
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
At the most advanced driving simulator in the world, at the University of Iowa, a study on the effects of driving under the influence of cannabis has been in high gear. Dr. Marilyn Huestis has been studying cannabis for 20 years and showed “60 Minutes” around the lab two years ago.
“The ability to take information in, evaluate it, make decisions and initiate them, greatly affected by cannabis,” she said.
The article goes on to state the following:
Those potential dangers are at the heart of a study from the University of Michigan published on Wednesday. Of the nearly 800 of Michigan medical cannabis users surveyed, 51 percent admitted to driving while “a little high” and 21 percent said they had driven while “very high.”
In a new study, more than half of Michigan residents who use medical cannabis admitted to driving while “a little high” — 1 in 5 admit to driving while “very high.”
There are over 2 million medical marijuana users across 33 states.
— CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews) January 9, 2019
Study: Michigan medical marijuana users are driving while high https://t.co/cuLoyTBocV
— Detroit Free Press (@freep) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march