VIDEO: Tesla, possibly on autopilot, causes dramatic wreck (pictures)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Police in Utah are investigating whether a fast-moving Tesla car that rear-ended a fire truck on Friday was in autopilot mode.
The Tesla Model S was moving at 60 mph when it hit a truck that was stopped at a red light around 6:30 p.m., the South Jordan Police Department said.
The car’s brakes — according to witnesses — apparently were not deployed before the crash.
While the truck driver was not injured in the accident, the Tesla’s driver, a 28-year-old female, suffered a broken ankle.
DML News offers the following additional information published by WSJ.com:
Even if you don’t own a Tesla, you are, or might soon become, part of the company’s massive experiment in automotive safety.
There are already more than 200,000 Teslas on the road, and all of them built after early 2015 are capable of Autopilot, that is, semiautonomous driving. This makes drivers, and anyone encountering these cars on the road, guinea pigs who are helping to train the artificial intelligence Tesla ultimately hopes to use for a fully autonomous driving system.
The article goes on to state the following:
During this experiment, at least two people have died in driver’s seats of Teslas that crashed while Autopilot was engaged, but Chief Executive Elon Musk argues the system continues to improve and, overall, Teslas are safer than they would be without the technology.
— حسن سجواني 🇦🇪 (@HSajwanization) May 14, 2018
— NewsParot (@newsparot) May 14, 2018
— The Washington Times (@WashTimes) May 14, 2018
— Feed Publish (@PublishFeed) May 13, 2018
New post (SOUTH JORDAN, #Utah | Police probe whether Autopilot feature was on in Tesla crash) has been published on https://t.co/gzC9VsBNpz
, #AutopilotFeature #SOUTHJORDAN #SouthJordanPolice #TodayNews , #Business , More Details – https://t.co/vSLerLwB8v pic.twitter.com/heyeAnzE7H
— STL.News (@stlnewsonline) May 13, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WSJ.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist