VIDEO: Texas Border Patrol official shares alarming report with Trump on apprehensions from other countries
According to a Border Patrol official who spoke with President Trump on Thursday, people from all over the world are pouring into the United States, crossing the border illegally into Texas.
President Trump traveled to the Rio Grande Valley near McAllen, Texas on Thursday to tour the U.S.-Mexico border. The president participated in a roundtable discussion at a border patrol station to discuss immigration and border security.
President Trump then went to the border and met with border patrol agents to receive additional briefings on the ongoing immigration crisis.
During a briefing along the border, one border agent said this zone is the busiest zone in the country, and shared the following report with President Trump:
“Yesterday we had 450 apprehensions, and out of that, 133 were from countries other than the Central American countries and Mexico,” he said.
“So far this sector has apprehended people from 41 countries. Just yesterday alone, we apprehended 133 people from countries other Central America and Mexico. That includes people from India, Pakistan, China, Romania, Ecuador and Nicaragua,” he added.
The agent continued, “I know we keep talking about the family units and unaccompanied children. That makes up about 60-70 percent. We’ve seen a change over the last couple of weeks, where that number is less than 50 percent of the apprehensions we make.”
WATCH his full remarks in the video below:
Meanwhile, the city of McAllen posted a “welcome” sign to greet President Trump, claiming the city is the 7th safest city in America.
All eyes on you McAllen! I’ve always been struck by the beauty, kindness and vitality of the RGV. You understand immigration, border security, our relationship with Mexico. You live it. Continue to lead & be the example this country needs! https://t.co/R6c76axv8X
— Beto O’Rourke (@BetoORourke) January 10, 2019
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan