VIDEO: Thousands march in Paris against Islamophobia after attack
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
Thousands marched through Paris on Sunday in an anti-Islamophobia demonstration that has divided France’s political class.
Organizers said they had called the rally in a sign of support two weeks after a man with far-right connections fired shots in a mosque in the southwestern city of Bayonne, injuring two elderly men.
The article goes on to state the following:
Members of hard-left parties took part in the march – though some others in the center stayed away saying it threatened France’s tradition of secularism, and far right leader Marine Le Pen said the event had been organized by Islamists.
Crowds walked through the capital waving banners marked with the messages “Stop all racism” and “Islamophobia is not an opinion but a crime” at the event organized by the Collectif Contre l’Islamophobie en France.
— AFP news agency (@AFP) November 10, 2019
— Free Malaysia Today (@fmtoday) November 10, 2019
— Arab News (@arabnews) November 10, 2019
Topless protester crashes march against Islamophobia in #Paris
— Ruptly (@Ruptly) November 10, 2019
Thousands of people march through the streets of Paris calling for an end to discrimination and aggression against Muslims https://t.co/TGfpEGBhna
— TRT World (@trtworld) November 10, 2019
Thousands march in Paris against Islamophobia after attack https://t.co/iDYX6ke5Oh
— The Straits Times (@STcom) November 10, 2019
No this video isn’t from the middle east! This video has been taken in the streets of #Paris in #France, where Muslims in #Europe think they are oppressed screaming “allahu akbar” in public. Against a campaign to make a law to prosecute people for Islamophobia in the #EU. pic.twitter.com/s9EqFjWWq5
— Sotiri Dimpinoudis (@sotiridi) November 10, 2019
— FRANCE 24 English (@France24_en) November 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- COMMENTARY: Kobach: The Riots Remind Us Why We Need the Second Amendment
- WATCH: CNN’s Jim Acosta Shouts at Trump: ‘Is This Still a Democracy?’
- REPORT: Lincoln Memorial and WWII Memorial among DC landmarks vandalized during riots [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Trump approval at Gallup ‘highest,’ better than Obama, Bush
- EXCLUSIVE: Hillary Clinton taunts Trump with two photos, and two words
- REPORT: Trump tells governors on call what they must do with rioters
- REPORT: Facebook employees stage ‘virtual walkout’ over Trump
- REPORT: Actress Hopeful After Protesters Breach Perimeter Near White House
- VIDEO: Democratic congresswoman says she got pepper-sprayed at George Floyd protest