VIDEO: Thousands of protesters shut down Hong Kong airport as Beijing condemns ‘terrorism’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
Hong Kong (CNN) — Almost 200 flights were canceled to and from Hong Kong Monday, as thousands of pro-democracy protesters shut down one of the busiest airports in Asia following violent clashes with police over the weekend.
Hundreds of passengers were left stranded after all departing flights and more than 70 arriving flights were canceled in the early evening, amid chaotic scenes inside the airport as thousands of demonstrators descended on the main terminal.
The article goes on to state the following:
The abrupt decision by authorities to suspend flights was interpreted by protesters as a signal that riot police would soon attempt to clear the airport. Fearing a repeat of the violence that has characterized recent demonstrations, the majority of protesters began to leave, with many choosing to walk home along the highway.
“All outbound flights are canceled from Hong Kong as thousands of protesters occupy the airport. It follows a public outcry over the heavy-handed police response to anti-government rallies over the weekend,” Al Jazeera English tweeted.
All outbound flights are cancelled from Hong Kong as thousands of protesters occupy the airport.
It follows a public outcry over the heavy-handed police response to anti-government rallies over the weekend. pic.twitter.com/NVNy1jeHiM
— Al Jazeera English (@AJEnglish) August 12, 2019
Hong Kong airport, one of the world’s busiest international hubs, is at a standstill right now as thousands of protesters, many dressed in black, stage a sit-in. After 10 weeks of demonstrations, fears of Chinese military response are mounting. https://t.co/FytifbHKDj pic.twitter.com/LSoGn8UCSi
— Anna Fifield (@annafifield) August 12, 2019
Hong Kong’s international airport has resumed normal operation after canceling 90 flights as protesters swarmed the main terminal on Monday https://t.co/BWSgI9cJDj
— Bloomberg Next China (@next_china) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Text messaging startup that aided Dem campaigns in midterms fires huge portion of its staff
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- REPORT: Parents outraged as CA preps graphic sex ed program
- REPORT: San Francisco to scrub ‘dehumanizing labels’ from criminals
- REPORT: Woman found dead in garbage chute at Anthony Weiner’s former address (VIDEO)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]