VIDEO: Trump announces halt to war games with S. Korea, denies making concessions to Kim
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Tuesday announced joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises or “war games” will stop during negotiations with North Korea, even as he denied he made any concessions in his summit with Kim Jong Un.
Trump also said during a one-hour-plus news conference after his summit with the North Korean leader that Pyongyang agreed to destroy a “major” missile testing site after he and Kim signed a joint statement to make a broad commitment for the United States to provide the reclusive country “security guarantees” in exchange for denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump appeared at times to get frustrated at reporters’ repeated questions on how he can trust Kim in light of his country’s violations of past agreements and the regime’s brutality.
“Can you ensure anything?” Trump said after the first-ever summit between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader. “Can I ensure that you’re going to be able to sit down properly when you sit down? You can’t ensure anything. All I can say is they want to make a deal. That’s what I do. My whole life has been deals. I’ve done great at it. That’s what I do. And I know when somebody wants to deal, and I know when somebody doesn’t.”
The press conference started with a video, played in Korean and English, that resembled a movie trailer and asked, “What if history can be changed? Will the world embrace this change?” Trump said he showed Kim and “his people” the video during the summit.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: ESPN makes announcement about national anthem for NFL games
- VIDEO: Chilling family videos emerge of murdered woman killed by husband
- VIDEO: Toddler recorded in family video praising the father accused of killing her
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Parkland shooter: Seven key facts hidden in the school district’s report
- BREAKING: Trump calls Justice official a ‘disgrace,’ vows to revoke clearance (Video)