VIDEO: Trump explains Kennedy Center coronavirus aid: ‘That was not my request’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump defended a $25 million carve-out for the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts added to a bipartisan coronavirus relief package.
The Senate passed the relief package early Wednesday morning with the provision for the Kennedy Center added after Democrats pulled support for the original bill despite bipartisan cooperation to craft it. Trump defended the addition in a press conference on Wednesday evening.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The Kennedy Center has suffered greatly because nobody can go there. It’s essentially closed,” Trump said. The Kennedy Center is a federally funded performance theater that puts on musicals, orchestras, and other live performances.
Trump said it was “a Democrat request.”
“That was not my request,” Trump said. “But you got to give them something.”
President Trump on $25 million for @kencen: “This was a request from the Democrats because of the fact that they have a facility that’s essentially closed up…If I wanted to go there tonight to look at Romeo and Juliet, I’d love to go see Romero and Juliet…” pic.twitter.com/fQu1N1Fryj
— CSPAN (@cspan) March 25, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- About (ratings)
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results