VIDEO: Trump makes fiery remarks to reporters prior to departure to U.S. border
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Thursday gave his strongest indication yet that he may declare a national emergency to circumvent Congress to build a wall along the U.S-Mexico border.
Speaking to reporters outside the White House, Trump said it would be “surprising to me” if he did not make an emergency declaration if talks with Democrats fail.
“If this doesn’t work out, probably I will do it. I would almost say definitely,” Trump said.
Trump asserted that he has “the absolute right to declare a national emergency,” even though some legal scholars and Democrats say he lacks the power to do so.
The president also denounced a claim by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer about his meeting on Wednesday, and said it’s easier to deal with China than with Democrats.
He also repeated that Mexico will pay for the wall – although said he never meant they would actually write a check for it.
Watch President Trump’s full remarks in the video below:
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- EXCLUSIVE: American businessman proves in 3 minutes why Ocasio-Cortez is all wrong on socialism (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: AOC fires back at Ingraham over guest’s ‘Latina thing’ comment
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan’s letter to AG on bias may have prompted high-level departures from Mueller’s team
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway weighs in on Trump & husband dispute
- REPORT: Hope Hicks, AMI agree to turn over documents for House probe into Trump
- REPORT: Police chief’s daughter kills self, 2 kids in murder-suicide
- VIDEO: Fox News Hosts Tear Into Trump Over John McCain Attacks
- EXCLUSIVE: DML responds to Rep. Rashida Tlaib’s tweet about “white supremacy”