VIDEO: Trump makes fiery remarks to reporters prior to departure to U.S. border
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Thursday gave his strongest indication yet that he may declare a national emergency to circumvent Congress to build a wall along the U.S-Mexico border.
Speaking to reporters outside the White House, Trump said it would be “surprising to me” if he did not make an emergency declaration if talks with Democrats fail.
“If this doesn’t work out, probably I will do it. I would almost say definitely,” Trump said.
Trump asserted that he has “the absolute right to declare a national emergency,” even though some legal scholars and Democrats say he lacks the power to do so.
The president also denounced a claim by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer about his meeting on Wednesday, and said it’s easier to deal with China than with Democrats.
He also repeated that Mexico will pay for the wall – although said he never meant they would actually write a check for it.
Watch President Trump’s full remarks in the video below:
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- REPORT: NBCUniversal Chief makes admission on Megyn Kelly