VIDEO: Trump makes public statement on Acosta, Epstein scrutiny
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Tuesday defended Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta, who is facing calls to resign over his role in a non-prosecution agreement with billionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein in a sex-crimes case.
Trump told reporters at the White House that Acosta has been a “very good” Labor secretary and said he probably wished he handled the Epstein case differently. The president added that he would be looking at the case “very carefully.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The president also sought to distance himself from Epstein, with whom he used to socialize with in Palm Beach, Fla., saying they had a falling out and had not spoken in years.
WATCH his remarks in the two video clips below:
Pres. Trump claims he had a “falling out” with Jeffrey Epstein when asked about his previous comments calling Epstein a “terrific guy.”
— ABC News (@ABC) July 9, 2019
“I met secretary Acosta..when I made the deal to bring him on to the administration,” Trump said of the former Florida U.S. attorney behind the controversial plea deal for Epstein, adding that he’s doing a “fantastic job” in his role.
“We’re going to look at it very carefully” pic.twitter.com/Hkxv0Nzo02
— POLITICO (@politico) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments
- REPORT: Priest’s son charged in murder of American biologist in Greece as grisly new details emerge