VIDEO: Trump meets with Merkel after calling Germany ‘captive’ to Russia
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Wednesday said he and German Chancellor Angela Merkel have a “very, very good relationship,” just hours after targeting Germany, claiming it had an “inappropriate” relationship with Russia.
Trump and Merkel met apart from other world leaders on the sidelines of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) summit in Belgium. The two leaders struck a more conciliatory tone about their relationship, despite Trump’s earlier assertion that Germany is “captive to Russia” because of a pipeline deal.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We have a very, very good relationship with the chancellor. We have a tremendous relationship with Germany,” Trump told reporters, adding that he and Merkel discussed military spending and trade.
Merkel, who spoke in German, said the two countries are “good partners and we wish to cooperate in the future.”
Trump said the two had discussed the Russian pipeline he’d mentioned earlier, but did not elaborate.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Kavanaugh accuser’s husband speaks out
- BREAKING: Grassley sets new conditions for Kavanaugh accuser (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh accuser makes announcement about testifying before Congress
- BREAKING: House Judiciary makes announcement about ‘McCabe Memos’
- BREAKING: Spokesman for GOP on Kavanaugh nomination resigns after his own past comes to light
- VIDEO: Trump makes vow about ‘lingering stench’ at DOJ, FBI
- REPORT: Dozens of deaths in military parade attack
- POLL: Do you agree with Grassley extending Kavanaugh accuser’s deadline
- REPORT: Fans complain about Michelle Obama book tour tickets
- BREAKING: Attorneys for Kavanaugh accuser make another request in negotiations over testimony