VIDEO: Trump meets with Merkel after calling Germany ‘captive’ to Russia
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Wednesday said he and German Chancellor Angela Merkel have a “very, very good relationship,” just hours after targeting Germany, claiming it had an “inappropriate” relationship with Russia.
Trump and Merkel met apart from other world leaders on the sidelines of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) summit in Belgium. The two leaders struck a more conciliatory tone about their relationship, despite Trump’s earlier assertion that Germany is “captive to Russia” because of a pipeline deal.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We have a very, very good relationship with the chancellor. We have a tremendous relationship with Germany,” Trump told reporters, adding that he and Merkel discussed military spending and trade.
Merkel, who spoke in German, said the two countries are “good partners and we wish to cooperate in the future.”
Trump said the two had discussed the Russian pipeline he’d mentioned earlier, but did not elaborate.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: One DEAD, gunman holding hostages at LA Trader Joe’s SURRENDERS
- REPORT: City Named The ‘Rat Capital’ Of The U.S.
- BREAKING: Justice Dept releases surveillance applications for former Trump aide
- BREAKING: Gunman takes hostages inside a Trader Joe’s (video)
- Trump Tweet: Statement on hostage situation at Trader Joe’s store
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- REPORT: Missouri duck boat accident takes even more tragic turn
- BREAKING: Avenatti makes shocking offer regarding Michael Cohen (video)
- DML TV: Debate breaks out on FOX about illegal aliens voting in US elections
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?