VIDEO: Trump: ‘I never meant’ Mexico would ‘write a check’ for the wall
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump said Thursday he never meant Mexico was “going to write a check” when he said repeatedly that the nation would pay for a border wall.
“When during the campaign, I would say ‘Mexico is going to pay for it.’ Obviously, I never said this and I never meant they are going to write out a check,” Trump said. “I said they are going to pay for it.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Speaking outside the White House to reporters before leaving to visit the border, Trump said Mexico would be paying for the proposed wall through a new trade deal with Mexico and Canada, which has yet to be ratified.
— Face The Nation (@FaceTheNation) January 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions