VIDEO: Trump responds to Rosenstein’s refusal to testify
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
President Trump told Fox News he is “surprised” Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein won’t testify Thursday on Capitol Hill about reports the Justice Department official suggested secretly wearing a wire to record the president, considering their conversation on Air Force One earlier this week.
“I’m a little surprised that Rod wouldn’t do it,” Trump said during a lengthy interview on “Fox & Friends.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The president was referring to the stalled negotiations to bring Rosenstein to Capitol Hill as early as Thursday to testify on the allegations. Those talks reached an impasse Wednesday, and some GOP lawmakers have even called for Rosenstein to be subpoenaed in response.
Without necessarily taking sides in that dispute, Trump on Thursday cited their meeting aboard Air Force One earlier this week. The president said they discussed Rosenstein’s reported comments – including that Rosenstein once suggested invoking the 25th Amendment to remove him from office last year. Rosenstein has denied seriously suggesting either.
Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein cancels his testimony on Capitol Hill that was set for today, after reports show Rosenstein and McCabe told each other to recuses himself from the Russia probe. | @DougLuzader pic.twitter.com/hsaG1Pwfwj
— Fox & Friends First (@FoxFriendsFirst) October 11, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance