VIDEO: Trump reveals Apple CEO made this ‘compelling’ case against some tariffs
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
President Trump told reporters on Sunday that Apple CEO Tim Cook privately made a “very compelling argument” that the administration’s tariffs on Chinese-assembled goods have made an unfair impact on the California-based tech giant, because its chief rival, Samsung, has conducted most of its manufacturing in South Korea and did not have to pay the levy.
The president also issued a stern warning to China, saying there might not be an end to the trade war if the government resorts to “violence” to crush demonstrators in Hong Kong.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump announced last week he would delay major new tariffs on China for three months, and his latest comments hinted that more concessions may be forthcoming. The new ten-percent tariffs had been slated to go into effect Sept. 1, and would have affected Apple’s signature iPhones and iPads.
NEW: Pres. Trump said he met with Apple CEO Tim Cook in Bedminster, adding that Cook “made a very compelling argument” that tariffs are making it hard for Apple to compete with companies like Samsung. “I’m thinking about it.” https://t.co/TVq7yKJSle pic.twitter.com/LktWUkkJdt
— ABC News (@ABC) August 18, 2019
— 9to5Mac.com (@9to5mac) August 18, 2019
ATTN: Tim Cook and @POTUS… Doing business w/a totalitarian regime SHOULD come w/tariff disadvantages — so @Samsung SHOULD have an advantage over Apple because they do business in the free nation of S.Korea. What am I missing? https://t.co/HXrwuhMPdi
— Eric Metaxas (@ericmetaxas) August 18, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- FDNY says 3 injured in fire near New York City’s Times Square
- POLL: Was school right to fire teacher who pointed out illegal alien students to President Trump?
- REPORT: Biden: ‘I’ve spent as much time’ with Putin as Trump
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders reveals what he admires about Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts