VIDEO: Trump slams black reporter for racist question
At a lengthy and often heated press conference at the White House Wednesday, PBS correspondent Yamiche Alcindor asked President Trump a question about him being a “white nationalist” that he became extremely upset over.
“On the campaign trail, you called yourself a nationalist. Some people saw that as emboldening white nationalists. There are some people that say that the Republican Party is seen as supporting white nationalists because of your rhetoric,” she said.
“That’s a racist question,” Trump responded, adding, “I love our country. I do. You have nationalists and you have globalists. I also love the world, and I don’t mind helping the world, but we have to straighten out our country first.”
“What you said is so insulting to me, it’s a very terrible thing that you said to me,” the president told her.
— Yahoo News (@YahooNews) November 7, 2018
Trump just pulled the reverse-racism card on @Yamiche for asking about his “nationalist” self-description and the emboldening of white nationalists.
— James Poniewozik (@poniewozik) November 7, 2018
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy