VIDEO: Trump slams the Chamber of Commerce over tariffs disagreement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump said Monday that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce was critical of his tariffs and immigration policies because it doesn’t represent the interests of the country.
“We lose a fortune with virtually every country. They take advantage of us in every way possible and the U.S. Chamber is right there with them,” Trump told CNBC. “I assume — I am a member with the U.S. Chamber. Maybe I’ll have to rethink that. Because, when you look at it, the chamber is probably more for the companies and the people that are members than the country.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The Chamber of Commerce favors free trade policies and has been a regular critic of Trump’s tariffs. Late last month, it threatened to take Trump to court over whether he could impose new tariffs against Mexico to force it to curb immigration.
The Washington Examiner stated that Myron Brilliant, the trade association’s executive vice president and head of international affairs, told CNBC Monday morning that the “weaponization of tariffs” was a bad idea. President Trump called in to the show unexpectedly in response to Brilliant’s statements, and quipped, “I guess he is not so brilliant.”
Trump hits the Chamber over tariff stance.https://t.co/B3zvrvUVkY
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- VIDEO: Mom Catches Kid Falling Off Balcony In Heart-Stopping Surveillance Video
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions