VIDEO: Trump Willing to Talk To Iran as U.S. Crushes Their Economy
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Bloomberg:
President Donald Trump is willing to meet with Iran’s Hassan Rouhani at the United Nations this week, said U.S. Secretary of State Michael Pompeo — even as another top official took credit for the U.S. sending Iran’s economy into free-fall with crippling sanctions.
“He’s happy to talk with folks at any time,” Pompeo said on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” one of two appearances on Sunday political talk shows. “The president’s been pretty clear about that.” The onus is on Rouhani to reach out, Pompeo added.
The article goes on to say:
Trump will address the United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday and host a meeting of the UN Security Council on Wednesday. Depending on the agenda that Trump sets for the Security Council meeting, Iran’s president may be in the room.
The rhetoric shows the U.S. pressure campaign is working, and Iran’s economy is faltering, said Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. The U.S. position remains not to do business with European countries that engage with Iran, and they’re making that decision, Haley said on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” one of three appearances on Sunday.
“If you look, they are dropping business from Iran left and right,” Haley said. “Iran’s economy is plummeting.” On CNN’s “State of the Union,” Haley said Iran is “getting desperate.”
— CBS News (@CBSNews) September 23, 2018
U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley on Iran: “They can confront us all they want. The problem is they don’t like the fact we’ve called them out … the deals that they had are falling apart and they’re getting desperate” https://t.co/q5WJwMdXMa #ThisWeek pic.twitter.com/F537BpVjee
— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) September 23, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by Bloomberg, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s hairstyle draws more attention than her answers
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance