VIDEO: Two Youth Severely Injured after Falling off Border Wall
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBP.GOV:
YUMA, Ariz. – A pair of Guatemalan teens sustained severe injuries after they fell off the 18-foot border wall while attempting to illegally enter the United States Friday.
At approximately 1 p.m., six illegal aliens from Guatemala illegally crossed into the United States east of the San Luis Port of Entry by scaling over the border wall. The 14-year-old, who was traveling with her mother, fell off the wall and sustained a serious back injury. The unaccompanied 17-year-old girl attempted to cross immediately afterward and fell off the wall resulting in an ankle injury.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The only legal and safe method of entry into the United States is through a designated Port of Entry,” said Yuma Sector Acting Chief Patrol Agent Carl Landrum. “People entering our country illegally, at places other than designated Ports of Entry, put themselves and their families in dangerous situations that could result in significant injury or even death.”
Moments later, Yuma Station Border Patrol agents arrived on scene and requested assistance from local Emergency Medical Services. Additional Border Patrol agents certified as Emergency Medical Technicians arrived with a backboard and assisted EMS with stabilizing the two subjects. The remaining four illegal aliens were taken into custody.
The 14-year-old was taken to Yuma Regional Medical Center where she was transferred to a Phoenix hospital via helicopter. The 17-year-old was treated for her injuries at Yuma Regional Medical Center and was later released.
Putting children in dangerous situations that resulted in serious injuries. “The only legal and safe method of entry into the U.S. is through a designated Port of Entry,” said #YumaSector Acting Chief Patrol Agent Carl Landrum #SouthwestBorder Details: https://t.co/VqEKUm22fN pic.twitter.com/AOz1xUmvaf
— CBP Arizona (@CBPArizona) December 10, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit CBP.GOV. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBP.GOV
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump cancelling Pelosi’s foreign trip?
- Trump Tweets: Disputed BuzzFeed report and ‘a son that loves his dad’
- REPORT: Trump administration issues stricter rules on travel for lawmakers
- TRUMP TWEET: Makes first public statement on cancelled Pelosi trip
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- REPORT: Federal raids underway throughout Indianapolis
- BREAKING: Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appeal
- REPORT: Bush calls on Trump, Democrats to ‘put politics aside’ and end the shutdown (picture)
- EXCLUSIVE: DML rips into five Democrats on Twitter
- REPORT: Poll: Voters in red state view Pelosi more favorably than Trump