VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
While reporting on migrant caravan of an estimated 7,000 Central Americans currently marching through Mexico, determined cross into the United States, Univision news anchor Jorge Ramos defended the the migrants in a Fox News interview on Monday, saying they weren’t criminals who had been previously deported from the U.S.
“The vast majority of these people are not criminals, they’re not terrorists, and they’re not even immigrants. They’re refugees,” Ramos declared.
As a group of the migrants walked past him, Ramos asked three if they had ever been to the United States before. When they answered no, he said, “None of them have been in the United States before, so some of them, yes, have been deported,” but he said the vast majority are not criminals.
“As a nation, in the United States, we have to choose what kind of nation we are and treat them with respect. We cannot prejudge them. We cannot say all of them are criminals. We have to listen to them, hear their cases, and if they deserve political asylum, grant it to them,” Ramos said.
Watch his remarks in the video below.
.@jorgeramosnews on migrant caravan: “The vast majority of these people are not criminals, they’re not terrorists, and they’re not even immigrants. They’re refugees.” https://t.co/EQqFkX5ixB pic.twitter.com/8gsLOWaFQO
— Fox News (@FoxNews) October 22, 2018
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday