VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
While reporting on migrant caravan of an estimated 7,000 Central Americans currently marching through Mexico, determined cross into the United States, Univision news anchor Jorge Ramos defended the the migrants in a Fox News interview on Monday, saying they weren’t criminals who had been previously deported from the U.S.
“The vast majority of these people are not criminals, they’re not terrorists, and they’re not even immigrants. They’re refugees,” Ramos declared.
As a group of the migrants walked past him, Ramos asked three if they had ever been to the United States before. When they answered no, he said, “None of them have been in the United States before, so some of them, yes, have been deported,” but he said the vast majority are not criminals.
“As a nation, in the United States, we have to choose what kind of nation we are and treat them with respect. We cannot prejudge them. We cannot say all of them are criminals. We have to listen to them, hear their cases, and if they deserve political asylum, grant it to them,” Ramos said.
Watch his remarks in the video below.
.@jorgeramosnews on migrant caravan: “The vast majority of these people are not criminals, they’re not terrorists, and they’re not even immigrants. They’re refugees.” https://t.co/EQqFkX5ixB pic.twitter.com/8gsLOWaFQO
— Fox News (@FoxNews) October 22, 2018
Trending on DML News
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: BuzzFeed News editor crushed by Twitter for jab at Trump over Sri Lanka bombings
- VIDEO: Up to 300 teenagers involved in brawl at amusement park
- BREAKING: Nunes files HUGE lawsuit alleging conspiracy to derail Clinton, Russia probes
- Students arrested for bringing weapons to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- REPORT: JFK customs officer arrested for stealing thousands from customers’ bags