VIDEO: Virginia Democrats reiterate calls for Northam, Fairfax to resign
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Democratic Virginia Reps. Don Beyer and Jennifer Wexton renewed their calls for Gov. Ralph Northam and Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax to step down over their respective controversies.
“I don’t believe he can effectively lead the commonwealth at this time, understanding he’s feeling contrition, but we need somebody who can address the wrongs of the past but take Virginia into the future,” Wexton said on “Face the Nation” Sunday. Her comments come after Northam, a fellow Democrat, told “CBS This Morning” co-anchor Gayle King in an exclusive interview that he’s “not going anywhere.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Northam has been embroiled in controversy over revelations of a racist photo on his medical school yearbook page and his admission to wearing blackface when he was younger. Fairfaxby two women of sexual assault and rape, which he has denied. Both have said they plan to remain in office despite calls for their ouster.
Beyer agreed with Wexton, telling “Face the Nation” that Northam needs to step down despite his “reconciliation tour.”
“The great confusion last weekend, whether he wasn’t sure he was in the Klan robe or the blackface, has just sacrificed so much of his credibility and his ability to lead,” Beyer said, referring to the photo in Northam’s yearbook. “I respect him, I know he wants to rehabilitate his reputation and even his sense of moral compass, but he sacrificed so much of his ability to govern effectively.”
Don Beyer made a similar point on Face the Nation: “The Post poll that we’ve talked about before — one of things we missed is that 40 percent of black Virginians think he shouldn’t remain. That’s a damning number for a Democratic governor.” https://t.co/ObTukJlaUQ
— Fenit Nirappil (@FenitN) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: How Minneapolis’ Somali community became the terrorist recruitment capital of the US
- REPORT: ICE arrests millionaire fugitives from Ecuador who donated to tens of thousands to Obama
- REPORT: Republicans respond to Trump’s national emergency declaration
- POLL: Are you losing confidence in President Trump
- VIDEO: Acosta Refers to Children of Angel Moms as ‘Allegedly Killed by Undocumented Immigrants’
- TRUMP TWEET: Pokes at Dems – and one Republican – in new SOTU video montage (WATCH)
- REPORT: Feds seize MASSIVE cocaine shipments, hidden in floorboards of ships
- VIDEO: Senator Suggests a Dem President Can Seize Guns With a National Emergency
- VIDEO: Pence met with silence after mentioning Trump in Munich speech
- EXCLUSIVE: Here’s a simple way to take a stand against creeping socialism in America