VIDEO: Wasserman Schultz calls Trump a ‘comic book villain’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), the former chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), called President Trump a “comic book villain” in response to the president’s immigration policy on Friday.”What the president is intent on doing is using immigrants who are simply coming to this country to make a better life for themselves and their families as political weapons,” Wasserman Schultz told CNN. “It is just outrageous when what we need to do is sit down at the table … and adopt some sane, humane immigration policy.”
Her comments came after Trump said Friday that his administration is “giving strong considerations” to a controversial plan to release migrants into so-called sanctuary cities. His announcement broke with his own officials, who said earlier in the day that such a plan was not being seriously considered.
The article goes on to state the following:
Wasserman Schultz criticized the plan, as well as Trump’s “fake” national emergency declaration to build a wall at the U.S.-Mexico border, calling it a “seventh century solution to what can be solved with 21st century technology.” “The president has run amok and he is going to create dangerous situations,” she continued. “It’s outrageously irresponsible. We need a president, not a comic book villain.”
“We need a President, not a comic book villain.”
– @DWStweets on Trump’s plan to release detained immigrants into sanctuary cities as a way to retaliate against opponents.
— CNN (@CNN) April 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- Officer kills suspect who mowed down pedestrian in Philly (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake