VIDEO: Whitaker expressed concerns about Cohen case while serving as DOJ chief
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) — Former acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker privately raised questions with his staff about the scope of the Southern District of New York’s case against former Trump attorney Michael Cohen, according to House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler and Republican aides.
Whitaker thought some of the campaign finance charges against Cohen were “specious,” pointing to the failed effort to prosecute former Sen. John Edwards on similar charges, according to GOP aides who were in the room during Whitaker’s closed-door interview with Judiciary Committee leaders on Wednesday. But the Republican aides said he did not speak to the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York about the case, instead saying he had internal discussions with Justice Department staff about his concerns.
The article goes on to state the following:
Whitaker also did not deny talking with President Donald Trump about Cohen’s case, in which the President was implicated in two federal crimes involving hush-money payments to silence his alleged affairs, Nadler told reporters Wednesday. The GOP aides said Whitaker did not remember having any conversations with Trump about the Cohen probe, and he said he would have remembered any contentious exchanges with the President about the case.
House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler says former Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker would not deny reports that President Trump called him to discuss the Michael Cohen case, CNN’s @mkraju reports https://t.co/idlDYXgLsn pic.twitter.com/0UPAVlT9ZV
— CNN (@CNN) March 13, 2019
Whitaker also said he could not recall any conversations with Trump about Cohen case; he told committee leaders he believed he would have remembered if they had a tense conversation. https://t.co/hIx56jpHLU
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) March 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Family releases surprising cause of death for Obama’s top economic adviser
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- BREAKING: Top Obama economic adviser dies suddenly at 58
- REPORT: Roy Blunt kicked from GOP event over border wall emergency vote
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- REPORT: Actor who fought AGAINST ISIS is having trouble gaining re-entry to U.S.
- REPORT: RNC Addresses Omar’s Op-Ed Calling For A ‘Two-State Solution’
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson