VIDEO: Yet Another Reporter Implies Poem On Statue Of Liberty Should Set Immigration Policy
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
CBS Radio correspondent Steve Portno asked Acting U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Director Ken Cuccinelli during a Monday press conference whether the Trump administration planned to do away with the poem at the base of the Statue of Liberty.
Portno, who also serves as president-elect of the White House Correspondents’ Association, was responding to the new administration policy that seeks to deny green cards to immigrants who will be more likely to need assistance from federal government programs.
The article goes on to state the following:
“As along as the public charge rule as been in effect since the late 1800s there’s also been — almost as long — the words at the base of the Statue of Liberty that read, ‘Give us your tired, your poor,’” Portno began. “You’re implementing a public charge rule for the first time. Is that sentiment, ‘Give us your tired, your poor,’ still operative in the United States or should those words come down? Should the plaque come down on the Statue of Liberty?”
“Is that sentiment, give us ‘your tired, your poor,’ still operative in the United States, or…should the plaque come down from the Statue of Liberty?”
— ABC News (@ABC) August 12, 2019
Emma Lazarus’s words, “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,” speaks to the true character of what our country can be: a generous country that respects and embraces those who have made the difficult journey to our shores, often fleeing harm.
— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) January 11, 2019
Yet Another Reporter Implies Poem On Statue Of Liberty Should Set Immigration Policy https://t.co/DlKGXQu6FD
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Text messaging startup that aided Dem campaigns in midterms fires huge portion of its staff
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- REPORT: Parents outraged as CA preps graphic sex ed program
- REPORT: San Francisco to scrub ‘dehumanizing labels’ from criminals
- REPORT: Woman found dead in garbage chute at Anthony Weiner’s former address (VIDEO)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]