VP Pence speaks out about apology from Joy Behar (video)
Vice President Mike Pence told Fox News’ Sean Hannity Monday night that “The View” co-host Joy Behar called him to apologize for mocking his Christian faith — and he urged her to apologize to “tens of millions of Americans who were equally offended” by her comments.
Pence spoke on a range of topics including Behar’s recent comments — which have led the Media Research Center to launch a campaign to hold Behar accountable for spewing “anti-Christian bigotry” after she said that communicating with Jesus is a “mental illness” during a Feb. 13 episode of “The View.”
While Pence forgave Behar, he encouraged her to publicly apologize. “I’m still encouraging her, to use the forum of that program or some other public forum, to apologize to tens of millions of Americans who were equally offended,” Pence said.
A clip of the interview can be viewed below:
.@VP on Joy Behar’s comments: "My Christian faith is the most important thing in my life…I felt it was important that I defend the faith of tens of millions of Americans against that kind of slander.” pic.twitter.com/jRDSQuEICX
— Fox News (@FoxNews) March 13, 2018
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone
- REPORT: Facebook’s lack of leadership could sink the company
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)