Warning to Trump: Recognizing Jerusalem is ‘red line’ for Muslims
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned President Donald J. Trump on Tuesday morning that if the United States recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, Muslims will see it as crossing a “red line.”
Erdogan, while speaking to Parliament, said such a step by the Trump administration would force Turkey to cut off all diplomatic ties with Israel. He pledged to rally other Muslim countries to oppose any move to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
The White House has been considering recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel despite growing calls from the Middle East and Europe to reconsider the move. The possible recognition might come this week.
Turkey is among the latest nations to publicly voice their opposition to the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of the Jewish State. Some are saying it will hinder the possibility of the peace settlement between Israel and the Palestinians and will be an insult to the Muslim world.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne fires back at show after character killed off
- BREAKING: Honduran migrant caravan swells to 4,000 as U.S. border crossings spike
- VIDEO: Chief Justice Roberts Breaks Silence On Kavanaugh Fight
- BREAKING: U.S. Treasury senior official arrested, charged with leaking info on ex-Trump advisers
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response
- VIDEO: Democrat senator McCaskill responds to undercover video with fierce allegation, as Part 2 released
- REPORT: FBI probing Manhattan district attorney’s office
- REPORT: Saudi Arabia makes HUGE deposit into American accounts as Pompeo lands in Riyadh
- BREAKING: Dem candidates for Congress raise record-shattering money for midterms
- POLL: Do you think the caravan heading to the US from Honduras will be allowed into the US