Warning to Trump: Recognizing Jerusalem is ‘red line’ for Muslims
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned President Donald J. Trump on Tuesday morning that if the United States recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, Muslims will see it as crossing a “red line.”
Erdogan, while speaking to Parliament, said such a step by the Trump administration would force Turkey to cut off all diplomatic ties with Israel. He pledged to rally other Muslim countries to oppose any move to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
The White House has been considering recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel despite growing calls from the Middle East and Europe to reconsider the move. The possible recognition might come this week.
Turkey is among the latest nations to publicly voice their opposition to the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of the Jewish State. Some are saying it will hinder the possibility of the peace settlement between Israel and the Palestinians and will be an insult to the Muslim world.
Trending on DML News
- GONE VIRAL: Mom of killed Navy SEAL hero rips Democrat for Purple Heart for Strzok comment
- Gowdy: Rosenstein should not be impeached, public hearings a joke
- REPORT: James Woods threatened by Stormi Daniels’ lawyer
- REPORT: California Dems stun Sen Feinstein
- POLL: Who is the most dangerous Democrat in 2020?
- REPORT: Gowdy says Mueller probe is not a witch hunt
- CLAIM: Princes Charles and William refused to meet Trump
- REPORT: White House explains why interview with CNN was cancelled
- ANSWER to who had more fake Twitter accounts, Obama, Clinton or Trump
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton Attacks Trump With Vengeance In Address To Teachers Convention