Warning to Trump: Recognizing Jerusalem is ‘red line’ for Muslims
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned President Donald J. Trump on Tuesday morning that if the United States recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, Muslims will see it as crossing a “red line.”
Erdogan, while speaking to Parliament, said such a step by the Trump administration would force Turkey to cut off all diplomatic ties with Israel. He pledged to rally other Muslim countries to oppose any move to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
The White House has been considering recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel despite growing calls from the Middle East and Europe to reconsider the move. The possible recognition might come this week.
Turkey is among the latest nations to publicly voice their opposition to the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of the Jewish State. Some are saying it will hinder the possibility of the peace settlement between Israel and the Palestinians and will be an insult to the Muslim world.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Parents Outraged Over Planned Parenthood’s Pornographic Sex Ed
- REPORT: Melania Trump Poses for pic with Clintons, Obamas and Bush family
- Former NFL star’s gun photo with daughter and date sparks outrage on Twitter (see it)
- REPORT: Bloomberg circumvents Trump, gives millions to fund deal that the president pulled out from
- VIDEO: Judge resigns after berating ill defendant who DIES three days later
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Rudy Giuliani in tweet
- REPORT: Evangelical meeting turns to Trump-bashing
- VIDEO: Woman fined $500 for free airline snack
- CLAIM: ‘Real Collusion’ was between McCabe and Obama Justice Department
- DML TV: Guest to Bill Maher: ‘You need to have respect’ for Trump supporters