Warning to Trump: Recognizing Jerusalem is ‘red line’ for Muslims
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned President Donald J. Trump on Tuesday morning that if the United States recognizes Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, Muslims will see it as crossing a “red line.”
Erdogan, while speaking to Parliament, said such a step by the Trump administration would force Turkey to cut off all diplomatic ties with Israel. He pledged to rally other Muslim countries to oppose any move to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
The White House has been considering recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel despite growing calls from the Middle East and Europe to reconsider the move. The possible recognition might come this week.
Turkey is among the latest nations to publicly voice their opposition to the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of the Jewish State. Some are saying it will hinder the possibility of the peace settlement between Israel and the Palestinians and will be an insult to the Muslim world.
For more on this story, click the "read more" button below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Amazon announces list of 20 cities as finalists for 2nd headquarters
- POLL: Do you approve of Trump issuing the ‘fake news’ awards?
- Portion of California declares it’s independence from state (video)
- NYC residents outraged over De Blasio’s choice of location for homeless shelter (photos)
- Woman assaulted at nightclub goes to hospital and makes horrifying discovery (video)
- Somalian Muslim immigrant cop arrested at concert (video)
- U.S. removes Haiti from low-skilled work visa list
- House Intel Committee releases full transcript of Fusion GPS testimony
- Memo on FISA abuses outrages GOP lawmakers, demand it be released to public (Video)
- Timberlake includes Trump in controversial music video (video)