Warren not interested in taking DNA test to determine heritage (VIDEO)
In an interview with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) which aired Sunday, the liberal politician said there is no reason to take a DNA test to prove her heritage after she was recently pressed to prove her claims of Native American heritage.
Warren’s claims about her Native American heritage relies on family lore rather than official tribal documentation.
In the interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” she said: “That’s the story that my brothers and I all learned from our mom and our dad, from our grandparents. It’s a part of me and nobody’s going to take that part of me away.”
The Hill reports that She was questioned being about an editorial in a Massachusetts newspaper.
“Warren must resolve [the] debate on heritage,” which said a DNA test would “permanently resolve the issue.”
“Look, I do know. I know who I am. And never used it for anything. Never got any benefit from it anywhere,” Warren said.
“But what I did a couple of weeks ago is I went to talk to the leaders of the native tribes across the country,” she added.
“And I talked about the fact that President Trump can’t seem to hear my name without trying to throw a racial slur into it. Can’t seem to make it through a ceremony honoring Native American war heroes without trying to make something else out of it.”
President Trump has poked at Warren over the claim, referring to the senator as “Pocahontas.”
According to the report, a Washington Post fact-checker found that there is “no official documentation” of Warren’s claim to Native American ancestry.
The video below is from an answer Warren gave Fox News on the issue, in which she makes similar remarks.
Fox News asks @SenWarren: “Would you be willing to take a DNA test?”
Warren refuses to answer the question. pic.twitter.com/kd82xi7yAj
— Ryan Saavedra 🇺🇸 (@RealSaavedra) March 11, 2018
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- VIDEO: FEC chair: Trump is ‘damaging to our democracy’
- UPDATE: HUD moves to crack down on undocumented immigrants in public housing
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed