Warren not interested in taking DNA test to determine heritage (VIDEO)
In an interview with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) which aired Sunday, the liberal politician said there is no reason to take a DNA test to prove her heritage after she was recently pressed to prove her claims of Native American heritage.
Warren’s claims about her Native American heritage relies on family lore rather than official tribal documentation.
In the interview on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” she said: “That’s the story that my brothers and I all learned from our mom and our dad, from our grandparents. It’s a part of me and nobody’s going to take that part of me away.”
The Hill reports that She was questioned being about an editorial in a Massachusetts newspaper.
“Warren must resolve [the] debate on heritage,” which said a DNA test would “permanently resolve the issue.”
“Look, I do know. I know who I am. And never used it for anything. Never got any benefit from it anywhere,” Warren said.
“But what I did a couple of weeks ago is I went to talk to the leaders of the native tribes across the country,” she added.
“And I talked about the fact that President Trump can’t seem to hear my name without trying to throw a racial slur into it. Can’t seem to make it through a ceremony honoring Native American war heroes without trying to make something else out of it.”
President Trump has poked at Warren over the claim, referring to the senator as “Pocahontas.”
According to the report, a Washington Post fact-checker found that there is “no official documentation” of Warren’s claim to Native American ancestry.
The video below is from an answer Warren gave Fox News on the issue, in which she makes similar remarks.
Fox News asks @SenWarren: “Would you be willing to take a DNA test?”
Warren refuses to answer the question. pic.twitter.com/kd82xi7yAj
— Ryan Saavedra 🇺🇸 (@RealSaavedra) March 11, 2018
Trending on DML News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”
- SHARE VIDEO: DML warns President Trump of another hidden cost of illegal immigration
- VIDEO: Colbert hits Trump after Mueller report over ‘I’m f***d’ statement
- Dan Bongino blasts out explosive Twitter Storm on FISA Abuse memo