Wife of suspect in Ohio officer shooting called 911, previously reported abuse (video)
A report from the Associated Press says Westerville, Ohio police had previously been called to the residence in which the two officers were fatally shot on Saturday. They had previously been at the residence for domestic violence calls.
The suspect’s wife was reportedly hiding in the bushes during the incident, and called police to report “my husband shot the police officers” (hear the call in the video below).
The AP reports: Westerville police officers Eric Joering and Anthony Morelli were killed early Saturday afternoon while responding to a 911 hang-up call at a townhome where the suspect, 30-year-old Quentin Smith, was wounded.
Police in this normally quiet Columbus suburb went to the townhome where Smith lives with his wife and young daughter on domestic violence calls in September and November of last year. No one was arrested either time.
According to the report, the September call came from Smith’s mother, while the November call came from Smith’s wife.
Fox News reports her story: A 911 operator took a call after two Ohio cops were killed and heard a woman say “my husband shot the police officers” as she hid in the bushes, it was reported Sunday.
In subsequent 911 calls a female voice is heard crying as she identifies Smith as the man who shot the officers, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.
The caller says “please help, please help” and “my husband shot the police officers,” the paper reported.
She also says, “my daughter is in there.”
When she is asked where she is, the woman says she is hiding in the bushes.
The slain officers exchanged gunfire with Smith after making contact with him, Saturday, and both died from injuries sustained.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Wasserman Schultz appointed to House committee charged with oversight of Donald Trump
- BREAKING: President Trump sends letter to Pelosi regarding State of the Union speech
- BREAKING: Pelosi responds to President Trump regarding his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Kentucky teen in viral video stands firm during grilling by NBC host
- VIDEO: Trump slams Pelosi for cancelling the State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Sarah Sanders responds to Ocasio-Cortez’s end-of-the-world prediction
- BREAKING: Police announce arrest made in case of incapacitated woman who gave birth (VIDEO)
- REPORT: 10 Democrats break with leaders, support GOP bill
- VIDEO: CNN guest: ‘I am triggered, I’m so triggered’ by MAGA hats
- VIDEO: President Trump responds to news of Pelosi’s dis-invite letter