Wife of suspect in Ohio officer shooting called 911, previously reported abuse (video)
A report from the Associated Press says Westerville, Ohio police had previously been called to the residence in which the two officers were fatally shot on Saturday. They had previously been at the residence for domestic violence calls.
The suspect’s wife was reportedly hiding in the bushes during the incident, and called police to report “my husband shot the police officers” (hear the call in the video below).
The AP reports: Westerville police officers Eric Joering and Anthony Morelli were killed early Saturday afternoon while responding to a 911 hang-up call at a townhome where the suspect, 30-year-old Quentin Smith, was wounded.
Police in this normally quiet Columbus suburb went to the townhome where Smith lives with his wife and young daughter on domestic violence calls in September and November of last year. No one was arrested either time.
According to the report, the September call came from Smith’s mother, while the November call came from Smith’s wife.
Fox News reports her story: A 911 operator took a call after two Ohio cops were killed and heard a woman say “my husband shot the police officers” as she hid in the bushes, it was reported Sunday.
In subsequent 911 calls a female voice is heard crying as she identifies Smith as the man who shot the officers, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.
The caller says “please help, please help” and “my husband shot the police officers,” the paper reported.
She also says, “my daughter is in there.”
When she is asked where she is, the woman says she is hiding in the bushes.
The slain officers exchanged gunfire with Smith after making contact with him, Saturday, and both died from injuries sustained.
Trending on DML News
- Florida lawmaker’s aide fired after claiming Florida shooting survivors are actors
- Florida student speak out: I’m not a crisis actor (video)
- Pelosi proposes SHOCKING alternative to border wall (video)
- Prominent attorney charged for sexually abusing dog (video)
- UPDATE: 7th grader who shot himself at school had alarming items in backpack
- Trump accuser makes ominous threat (video)
- Reader sends screenshot of Facebook’s new censorship ploy (picture)
- Mueller files additional charges against Manafort, Gates
- REPORT: Retired sanitation worker makes $285K a year from pension
- WaPo publishes video comparing Trump and Obama reactions to school shootings (video)