BREAKING: Another Democrat candidate drops White House bid
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Montana Gov. Steve Bullock (D) on Monday formally dropped out of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, ending a longshot campaign that failed to catch fire even as he attracted support from senior party officials and operatives.
Bullock, 53, was the only candidate in the Democratic contest who won election in a red state on the same day President Trump won the White House. He based his campaign on a promise to win back areas where Democrats have lost voters in recent years.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I entered this race as a voice to win back the places we lost, bridge divides and rid our system of the corrupting influence of dark money,” Bullock said in a statement. “While the concerns that propelled me to enter in the first place have not changed, I leave this race filled with gratitude and optimism, inspired and energized by the good people I’ve had the privilege of meeting over the course of the campaign.”
In his statement, Bullock said it has become clear that “I won’t be able to break through to the top tier of this still-crowded field of candidates.”
Today, I’m suspending my campaign for President.
Thank you for your belief, your trust, and your support. Read my full statement here: https://t.co/eWuRmOqjlT
— Steve Bullock (@GovernorBullock) December 2, 2019
If we can kick Dark Money out of Montana’s elections, we can do it across the country. Join us: https://t.co/qXIDgkXNst
— Steve Bullock (@GovernorBullock) December 1, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) December 2, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott