BREAKING: Chicago’s top cop expected to announce retirement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM:
Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson is expected to later this week announce he will retire as the city’s top cop, sources said.
His departure would be announced as city Inspector General Joseph Ferguson continues to investigate an incident into police officers finding Johnson asleep in his car last month. He later told the mayor he had a few drinks earlier that evening.
The article goes on to state the following:
The disclosure about his future comes a day after he told reporters at City Hall he was contemplating retirement but insisted he wasn’t stepping down because of the ongoing inspector general investigation.
Johnson reportedly made the following statement as his reason for retiring: “I have given 31 years now to this city, and almost four as superintendent. You know, but I recognize also that at some point it’s time to create another chapter in your life. And I will tell you all this: When my family and I went to London for the Bears game, that’s the first vacation like that that I’ve had since I became superintendent. And I looked at my family and it made me realize how much of a sacrifice you make for your family when you take on positions like this.”
Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson is expected to announce this week that he will retire as the city’s top cop, sources say. https://t.co/DnupFRPLCS
— Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CHICAGOTRIBUNE.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts