BREAKING: Democrats to subpoena ‘no-show’ key witness
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The chairmen of the three House committees leading Democrats’ impeachment inquiry said Tuesday that they will issue a subpoena to a key official that the State Department blocked from testifying.
Gordon Sondland, the ambassador to the European Union, was scheduled to appear for a deposition before the committees on Tuesday until the State Department moved early in the morning to prevent his testimony.
The article goes on to state the following:
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) and Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) said they would subsequently move to subpoena Sondland later Tuesday for testimony and documents.
NEW: Dems will be issuing a subpoena for Sondland testimony/docs.
State Dept left Sondland’s attorneys a voicemail at 12:30 a.m. informing them that testimony would be blocked. Sondland also recovered relevant texts on his personal device, but turned them over to State, Dems say. pic.twitter.com/wOrnrjJstI
— Natasha Bertrand (@NatashaBertrand) October 8, 2019
JUST IN: House Democrats announced they intend to subpoena U.S. Ambassador to the EU Gordon Sondland, who the Trump administration blocked from testifying in their Ukraine investigation today.https://t.co/x3P4USZ5aR
— Axios (@axios) October 8, 2019
JUST IN: House cmtes. say they will be “issuing subpoena to Ambassador Sondland for both his testimony and documents” after the US State Dept. blocked his congressional testimony today, and “we consider this interference to be obstruction of the impeachment inquiry.”
— NBC News (@NBCNews) October 8, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) October 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- REPORT: Comey posts message to AG William Barr
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- VIDEO: Melania Stuns In Gorgeous Sleeveless Black And White Sundress At Daytona 500 [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Judges’ association calls emergency meeting in wake of Stone sentencing reversal
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters makes shocking claim that rich donors should influence elections
- REPORT: The New England Patriots Are Reportedly Eying This Quarterback