BREAKING: Explosive new report claims Russia hacked Burisma Holdings
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BUSINESSINSIDER.COM:
Russian military intelligence operatives have been working to hack into Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian natural-gas company, since at least November, The New York Times found in an explosive new report.
At the time, President Donald Trump’s efforts to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate Burisma Holdings were at the center of the US news cycle. Trump’s interest in the company spiked after he learned that Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President Joe Biden, served on the board of Burisma until earlier this year.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Times reported that it’s still unclear what the Russian hackers uncovered or what they were looking for. But security experts told the outlet that the timing and scale of the cyberattacks suggest Russian intelligence agents may be digging around for dirt on the Bidens, which is something Trump asked the Ukrainian government, as well as his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani and several others to obtain ahead of the 2020 election.
From the Times:
It is not yet clear what the hackers found, or precisely what they were searching for. But the experts say the timing and scale of the attacks suggest that the Russians could be searching for potentially embarrassing material on the Bidens — the same kind of information that Mr. Trump wanted from Ukraine when he pressed for an investigation of the Bidens and Burisma, setting off a chain of events that led to his impeachment.
CNN reporter Marshall Cohen commented on the story, saying, “This might be the most important news of the day. Russia could leak Burisma emails, and slip in some doctored emails, to harm Biden later on, if he is the Democratic nominee. The 2016 playbook all over again.”
Breaking via NYT: Russians hacked Burisma. The hacking attempts began in early November. It is not yet clear what the hackers found, or precisely what they were searching for. https://t.co/xeiAraap9l
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) January 13, 2020
BREAKING: As the November impeachment hearings got underway, Russia’s GRU hacked Burisma in what appears to be a repeat of 2016, when GRU hackers breached the DNC and then selectively leaked emails to hurt Clinton’s candidacy. https://t.co/nQhhndnAV3 with @AllMattNYT
— Nicole Perlroth (@nicoleperlroth) January 13, 2020
This might be the most important news of the day. Russia could leak Burisma emails, and slip in some doctored emails, to harm Biden later on, if he is the Democratic nominee. The 2016 playbook all over again. https://t.co/w0p7pXjWgp
— Marshall Cohen (@MarshallCohen) January 13, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit BUSINESSINSIDER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Martha MacCallum calls out Eric Swalwell on impeachment process
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts