BREAKING: Former television anchor to challenge Ocasio-Cortez in Democratic primary
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNBC:
Former longtime CNBC correspondent and anchor Michelle Caruso-Cabrera has launched a challenge in the Democratic primary against freshman firebrand Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York.
Caruso-Cabrera, who became a CNBC contributor when she left the network in September 2018, serves as a member of the board of directors for financial services firm Beneficient. She will take a leave from her role as CNBC contributor for the duration of the campaign, a CNBC spokesperson said.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to a filing late Monday, she will run as a Democrat in that party’s primary in the 14th District. Caruso-Cabrera is known to be a skeptic of government and a proponent of free markets. In 2010, she published a book called “You Know I’m Right: More Prosperity, Less Government.” She has been a registered Democrat for several years.
The report states that Caruso-Cabrera worked at CNBC for over 20 years, as the network’s chief international correspondent. Prior to that, she worked at Univsion, and also at WTSP-TV, the CBS affiliate in St. Petersburg, Fla.
“I’m running for NY-14, to fight for the people of Queens & the Bronx, daughter of Cuban immigrants and living the American Dream,” Caruso-Cabrera said in a Twitter post Tuesday.
I’m running for NY-14, to fight for the people of Queens & the Bronx, daughter of Cuban immigrants and living the American Dream 🇺🇸 https://t.co/DY5eLoCKgL
— Michelle Caruso-Cabrera (@MCaruso_Cabrera) February 11, 2020
JUST IN: Former longtime CNBC correspondent and anchor @MCaruso_Cabrera filed late Monday to run for Congress in New York’s 14th District – the seat currently held by Democratic freshman firebrand Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. (@AOC) https://t.co/VisuNph76X
— CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) February 11, 2020
Michelle Caruso-Cabrera, a former longtime CNBC correspondent and anchor, has launched a challenge against Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, according to a filing with the Federal Election Commission. https://t.co/JhXVhzJqxj
— CNN (@CNN) February 11, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) February 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- REPORT: Barack Obama’s childhood home hits the market
- REPORT: Rudy Giuliani predicts Trump will be ‘totally vindicated’ by ‘smoking gun’ in Hunter Biden probe: ‘We’ve got the documents’
- REPORT: Border Patrol posts multiple reports of truck loads of illegal aliens smuggled into US [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy reacts to DOJ decision on McCabe
- REPORT: CBP Officers Seize HUGE Liquid Meth Load [PHOTOS]