BREAKING: House Democrats subpoena Pentagon chief, other officials, for documents in impeachment inquiry
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
House investigators subpoenaed documents from the Department of Defense and Office of Management and Budget on Monday about the withholding of military aid to Ukraine as the Democratic-led impeachment inquiry barreled forward.
The move came after Republicans stepped up their attacks on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) after late-night tweets from President Trump suggesting that she should be removed from office, not him.
The article goes on to state the following:
A State Department official declined to appear Monday morning at a planned deposition by House committees seeking to learn more about Trump’s efforts to press the leader of Ukraine to investigate former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden at a time when U.S. military assistance had been suspended.
“The enclosed subpoena demands documents that are necessary for the committees to examine this sequence of these events and the reasons behind the White House’s decision to withhold critical military assistance to Ukraine that was appropriated by Congress to counter Russian aggression,” the document reads.
The Committees are seeking documents on the President’s decision to withhold military assistance from Ukraine.
— House Foreign Affairs Committee (@HouseForeign) October 7, 2019
— ABC News (@ABC) October 7, 2019
MORE: “Your failure or refusal to comply with the subpoena, including at the direction or behest of the President or the White House, shall constitute evidence of obstruction…and may be used as an adverse inference against you and the President,” the letters state. https://t.co/9VfyTqO1kd
— ABC News (@ABC) October 7, 2019
NEW: House Democrats have subpoenaed the DoD and OMB for documents related to Trump’s efforts to push Ukraine to investigate Joe Bidenhttps://t.co/feEWeMuyaw
— Axios (@axios) October 7, 2019
Schiff/Cummings/Engel send subpoenas to Pentagon/OMB: “Pursuant to the House of Representatives’ impeachment inquiry, we are hereby transmitting a subpoena that compels you to produce the documents set forth in the accompanying schedule by October 15, 2019”
— Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) October 7, 2019
House committees subpoena Pentagon chief and acting director of Office of Management and Budget for documents in impeachment inquiry https://t.co/K3cszv5bFg
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat calls for investigation into Elaine Chao after Mitch McConnell campaign boasts Kentucky ties
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: State poll shows this Dem on top – and she’s not in the race