BREAKING: Projected winner announced in special election for NC’s 3rd District
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Republican state Rep. Greg Murphy is projected to win the special election Tuesday in North Carolina’s 3rd District for a seat vacated following the death of Republican Rep. Walter Jones Jr. earlier this year.
Murphy bested Democrat Allen Thomas, the former mayor of Greenville, in the coastal North Carolina district by about 20 points with 75 percent of the district’s precincts reporting.
The article goes on to state the following:
The district, which backed President Trump over Hillary Clinton by over 23 points in 2016, was expected to remain in Republican hands.
“One down, one to go – Greg Murphy is projected to win in the Great State of North Carolina! #NC03,” Trump wrote in celebration on Twitter.
One down, one to go – Greg Murphy is projected to win in the Great State of North Carolina! #NC03
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 11, 2019
BREAKING: Republican Greg Murphy has defeated Democrat Allen Thomas in a North Carolina congressional district won easily by President Trump in 2016. The U.S. House seat was left vacant by the death of longtime GOP Rep. Walter Jones Jr. in February. https://t.co/KvDzWnzXje
— The Associated Press (@AP) September 11, 2019
— POLITICO (@politico) September 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Comey posts message to AG William Barr
- VIDEO: Bloomberg makes shocking statements about ‘black and Latino males’, transgender people
- REPORT: China makes allegation against U.S. over coronavirus outbreak
- VIDEO: Roger Stone greeted by chant after getting 40-month prison sentence
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- UPDATE: New details about Daytona 500 driver Ryan Newman following fiery crash
- VIDEO: Border protection officer, family found dead in Florida home in apparent murder-suicide, police say