BREAKING: Senior member of royal family has tested positive for coronavirus

MARCH 25, 2020

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by INSIDER.COM:

Prince Charles has become the first British royal to test positive for the coronavirus.

A Clarence House spokesperson confirmed the news to Insider, saying that while the prince is displaying “mild symptoms,” he currently “remains in good health.”

The article goes on to state the following:

Clarence House was not able to confirm where or how the prince had contracted the virus. However, it’s worth noting that the 71-year-old attended a roundtable discussion with Prince Albert of Monaco days before he tested positive for the virus earlier this month.

In a statement, a spokesperson said:

“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”

“The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.

“The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.

“It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”

Prince Charles last saw the Queen on Monday, March 9, at the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey that included other senior royals, including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, The Telegraph reported.

“Charles, 71, and Camilla, 72, are self-isolating individually at Birkhall in Scotland, a source said,” according to The Telegraph.

“Buckingham Palace said in a statement that the queen remains in good health,” TODAY tweeted.

Sky News:


To get more information about this article, please visit INSIDER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *